Thursday, June 17, 2010

So, there was this one pregnancy book...

Hi bloggers! This is Daddy here.  This is going to be one of those rare occasions that I post a blog on my own (apart from our Wednesday updates), but JoAnna shared this review with me for the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and I could not help but laugh and wanted to share some of this guys review with you all for your amusement.  So without further ado, here it is: 


"Guys ... consider this a warning; this will be the worst book that your significant other can read and will make your life utterly miserable for the next nine months. It's been over four years since I had to deal with this serie's 3rd edition and I still can't stand the sight of it. 



I'll be blunt, WTEWYE seems to be an EXTREMELY popular gift for someone who's pregnant for the first time and it's probably unavoidable. I came into three copies without any effort at all. I'm not going to stand here and pretend I know of a better source for information either, because (outside of ... oh I don't know ... a doctor) I don't. All I know is that if THIS is the definitive volume on the pregnancy experience, then God help us all.

I absolutely guarantee you, someone your partner knows WILL buy this for her. Your mission is to "lose it." If you're already stuck with it and you can't hide it or burn it, at least do your best to temper its pages with as much perspective as you possibly can. Again, for a first-time mom-to-be, who, frankly, is probably a bit nervous anyway about all the changes her body is going through, all this volume is going to accomplish is completely freaking her out.

Batten down the hatches and break out the antacid my friends, it's gonna be a long nine months."

Thank you Ron Sullivan for posting this review.  I would appreciate it if you did not buy JoAnna this book, so I do not have to experience what this poor fellow seemed to have to endure. 

Thanks in advance.
James "Daddy" Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment